The DevOps Engineer will be involved in the Infrastructure, Deployment and Development of operations through automation.
- Automation of repeatable processes where possible
- Work with team to design, build and support a robust internal capability
- Evangelize the principles and mindset of DevOps, drive and support various projects and initiatives
- Identify and plan for optimization of resources and cost reduction wherever possible
- Recommend and prove the best technology practices, principles and tools for the job
- Apply experience, technical knowledge and innovative techniques to resolve complex Operations challenges.
- Inspire, educate and mentor more junior engineers, helping them grow and build a solid foundation for their career.
- Effectively communicate issues, risks and dependencies with project stakeholders, escalating where appropriate.
- Always look for ways to empirically measure the outcome of the work we complete
- Champion continuous improvements in Operations capabilities
- Strong experience in automation for the Enterprise.
- Strong experience in Puppet, Ruby, Apache/Tomcat, Linux, AWS, and open source technology stacks.
- Experience with pertinent software tools (Jenkins, Go, Nexus, Vagrant, Docker, etc.)
- * Proven ability to develop architectures that incorporate high availability and operational scalability
- Experience with Test Driven Development practices and frameworks
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery principles, practices, tools and process
- Expertise in modern cloud infrastructure, APIs and virtualization concerns is essential
- Ability to render system design details in sequence and flow diagrams and other forms of documentation when required
- Experience working with and evaluating open source technologies and demonstrated ability to make objective choices
- Ability to communicate complex architectures and insights in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Ability to work in an agile, multi skill team of top talents
- Security design, architecture, and operations
- Cloud Infrastructure and Enterprise IT infrastructure knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent real life experience in IT infrastructure.
- 4 years of experience as a Sr DevOPS Engineer and 10-15 Years total experience. Must be expert with Puppet, Linux, Docker, and Jenkins.
- Security+ (CISSP Preferred)
***MUST posses a current and active TS/SCI security clearance